postscript/nroff/troff for RS/6000 ?

Jeff Copeland jeff at pemberly.ism.isc.com
Wed Feb 6 16:26:29 AEST 1991

In article <1252 at ecicrl.ocunix.on.ca> clewis at ferret.ocunix.on.ca (Chris Lewis) writes:
>There was an argument going on recently whether the RS/6000 had CAT
>troff or ditroff, but I never heard the definitive answer.

It's ditroff.  And it's got additions to support IBM's PC850 character set,
which supports Western European languages in a slightly different character
mapping than Latin-1.  You may have different add-ons depending on the
country where you bought your '6000, but to the best of my knowledge IBM
doesn't supply a C/A/T troff for the '6000.