AADU & Kermit

pking at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu pking at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 12 12:23:46 AEST 1991

Since a number of people asked me to keep them informed
as to what I found out about AADU, I decided to post
this rather than mail individually, apologies to
those others, who may already know all this.

In order to run AADU, you need DOS 3.3 (currently,
a new  version to run under DOS 4.0, will be available
in March, [thanks, Stephen] ), plus, AADU will
only support two different ethernet cards, Ungerman
Bass and 3Com. The newer version will support some others.
If you don't have the Ungerman Bass or 3Com AADU won't
work via ethernet. This turned out to be my problem.
Also you need AIX DOS Server on your mainframe, but
this seems to be standard on RS machines, or at least the
ones that I have set up recently. Hopes this helps.

Also, thanks to all the people who responded to my call
for help with Kermit. I did get it working!!!!

Pat King