Modems

Tim Brown tim at comcon.UUCP
Fri Feb 15 18:33:07 AEST 1991

Quite a few people berate IBM for some of the differences in AIX as
compared to UNIX.

I have to put my two cents in here...  I am one very happy IBM RS6000
user.  I can appreciate the views of some unix users who feel that IBM
has overstepped its bounds in changing AIX in various ways.  I felt
that way at first also, but upon close examination and a few months
of use it is clear that for the most part they knew what they were
doing.  One thing stands out very much, that is that the utilities IBM
has supplied in place of "more traditional" unix commands *work*.  This
simply can't be said of some other systems.

This version of AIX also has numerous features simply not found on
UNIX systems at all.  IBM deserves sound congratulations for thier
work. Thier continued support after the sale is also extremely
refreshing.

I have always believed in giving credit where it is due and IBM
deserves it for sure.

Tim Brown
--
Tim Brown