Syntax error in /usr/include/rpc/svc.h

jsalter at panews jsalter at panews
Sat Feb 9 05:21:17 AEST 1991

In article <TDESAI.91Feb7092825 at cad609.intel.com> tdesai at cad609.intel.com (Tejas Desai) writes:
>	When I try to compile a module which includes <rpc/rpc.h>, I
>get the following error:

>Processing include file /usr/include/rpc/svc.h
> 23   231 | extern fd_set svc_fdset;
>            ..............a.........
>a - 1506-046: (S) Syntax error.

>Should I be using any compile time flags or is this a bug? Any help is
>appreciated. Thanks.

You just haven't included enough files, that's all.  You need to include
the header file

<sys/select.h>

before <rpc/rpc.h> and everything should work fine.

>Tejas Desai
>Intel Corp., MS:SC3-36
>email: tdesai at scdt.intel.com
>Voice : (408) 765 4215 (0)

jim/jsalter  IBM PSP, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427  VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ
Internet: jsalter at slo.awdpa.ibm.com         UUCP: ..!uunet!ibmsupt!jsalter
  PS/2 it, or DIE!  :-)  The ramblings above have nothing to do with Big Blue.