IBM CD-ROM filesystem

Ruth Milner rmilner at zia.aoc.nrao.edu
Sat Feb 9 12:14:05 AEST 1991

Does anybody know what "standard" the IBM RS/6000 CD-ROMs follow, and what
AIX 3.1 is capable of handling?

I have grep'd all through the system include files for strings like "ISO"
"hsfs", and "Sierra", but there is no mention of ISO 9660 (aka the High
Sierra FileSystem, in fairly widespread usage on other UNIX systems). All
the references I can find to the filesystem type all say simply "cdrom".

I have also used the "search" feature in info, to look at all articles with
"CD-ROM" in the title. No joy there either.

Can we read High Sierra-format CD's on the RS/6000?
--
Ruth Milner
Systems Manager                     NRAO/VLA                    Socorro NM
                            rmilner at zia.aoc.nrao.edu