C/A/T Phototypesetter output from troff?

Scott Heyano slh at wolf.cs.washington.edu
Tue Feb 5 12:02:27 AEST 1991

In article <8709 at hub.ucsb.edu> raj at pollux.geog.ucsb.edu (Richard A Johnson) writes:
|I can't find a way to make troff on the RS/6000 produce the standard C/A/T
|Phototypesetter files which it produces on every other version of Unix!
|Apparently IBM has changed this command SIGNIFICANTLY!
|
|Is there a way to get C/A/T Phototypesetter output from troff?
|Lacking that, is there a way to get a standard Postscript file from troff?

	The troff on rs/6000 is ditroff (device-independent troff).
	I couldn't find a way to get it output normal troff,
	though I guess if you could put together a device descr file
	you could.
	I think there are other version of unix that don't have old troff
	either.
	If gcc is running on aix or will run on aix then you could
	get g++ and then groff, which produces postscript (CAT files too?).
	Also, there should be some pd troff's.
	Of course, none of these "solutions" is easy.