calendar fix (AIX3.1.3002)

Tim Fredrick fredrick at acd.ucar.edu
Tue Feb 12 08:58:17 AEST 1991

In case anyone's interested, I couldn't get calendar to remind people of
their calendar messages by mail until I found and fixed an error in
/usr/bin/calendar (a shellscript) on the Risc-System 6000.

Line 55 should read

        egrep -f ${_tmp} 2>/dev/null > /tmp/calendar.$$

The "> /tmp/calendar.$$" was missing.

Of course an entry in /usr/spool/cron/crontabs/root needs to read something
like "0 4 * * * /usr/bin/calendar -".
I don't know if this problem was fixed in release 3003.

--Tim

Tim Fredrick             National Center for Atmospheric Research
                         Atmospheric Chemistry Division
fredrick at ncar.ucar.edu   PO Box 3000
fredrick at ncar.CSNET      Boulder, CO 80307