AIX 3.1: where is the termcap hidden under /usr/lpp?

John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Sat Feb 2 01:02:47 AEST 1991

In article <6288 at spdcc.SPDCC.COM> dyer at spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) writes:
>AIX 3.1: where is the termcap hidden under /usr/lpp?  Typically,
>I didn't need or care about this info when I saw it mentioned
>here last...

It isn't in /usr/lpp - it is in /lib/libtermcap/termcap.src.  I've
asked several times for people to call Defect Support and open an
APAR against this stupidity (it violates statements about SysV and
BSD compliance), but apparently no one has done so just yet ...

So, please PICK UP THE PHONE, CALL DEFECT SUPPORT, OPEN AN APAR.
Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832                           Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"13 of 17 valedictorians in Boston High Schools last spring were immigrants
 or children of immigrants"   -- US News and World Report, May 15, 1990