gnu emacs rmail and rs 6000's???

Scott Holt scott at prism.gatech.EDU
Tue Feb 12 09:17:51 AEST 1991

In article <HUDGENS.91Feb11162844 at ds1.sun13.SCRI.FSU.EDU> hudgens at sun13.SCRI.FSU.EDU (Jim Hudgens) writes:

>Anyone have any problems with this combination???
>
>The following message appears when invoking  rmail in xemacs on a rs6000.
>
>  movemail: permission denied for temporary file  "/usr/spool/mail/EJCICrx"

well, not on the IBM, but I have had the exact same problem on other
systems. My solution was simply to change the permits on movemail -
make it setuid or setgid, or whatever is needed to give it write
permits in /usr/spool/mail. Under AIX, making it owned by bin.mail
and setgid should do the job.

- Scott
--
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Scott Holt                 		Internet: scott at prism.gatech.edu
Georgia Tech 				UUCP: ..!gatech!prism!scott
Office of Information Technology, Technical Services