SRC

Jerry Heyman jerry at heyman.austin.ibm.com
Fri Feb 8 06:11:39 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb4.135641.12894 at odi.com> benson at odi.com (Benson I. Margulies) writes:
>I need to define a new src subsystem. The documentation seems to omit
>one critical fact -- what command line arguments does the thing get
>when its started? The definition specifies that an SRC subsystem can
>work with sockets, message queues, or signals, and it gives routines
>for receiving and replying to messages, but no idea of how the
>actually server discovers the socket file descriptor.
>
>Anyone out there know the secret?
>
>--
>Benson I. Margulies

When the subsystem is started file descriptor zero is the socket that
the subsystem will use to communicate with SRC.

There are two places that command line arguments can be defined for the
subsystem. using mkssys with the -a option, will allways place this
information as a command line argument for the subsysem. Using startsrc with
the -a option will place this information as a command line argument for
this invocation of the subsystem.

This information should be in the SRC overview section in info.

jerry
Jerry Heyman                     IBM T-R: jerry at heyman.austin.ibm.com
AWD Tools Development            VNET   : HEYMAN at AUSVMQ
AWD Austin                       T/L    : 793-3962
*** All opinions expressed are exactly that - my opinions and NOT IBM's