file fragmentation

Ronald S Woan woan at nowhere
Wed Feb 27 15:51:56 AEST 1991

In article <476 at bally.Bally.COM> siva at bally.Bally.COM (Siva Chelliah/50000) writes:
>I have few questions :
>   1 ) Is there a way to find out the  fragmentation of a file system
>       (like the Norton utility for DOS)?

I don't think so... Outside of some old UNIX/386 implementations, I
don't really remember being able to do this with any UNIX file system
(UFS perhaps? Certainly not BSD).

>   3) How to re-organize the file system ?

What exactly do you mean by reorganize?

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin at iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +