CD's on the 6000

Marc Cooper marcc at yoyodyne.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 23 07:41:12 AEST 1991

This is a bit of a strange question, but...

How good are the CD roms on the 6000 as audio players?  I mean, I know they
work as such with appropriate software, but how do they compare, with, say,
a reasonable low end CD player I might by at a stereo store?  Do they have 4x
sampling?  How sensitive are they to scratches etc?  I've had CD's that
would skip so as to be unlistenable on a cheap portable which played fine
in a more expensive home unit.

Any toughts or comments?

--
Marc Cooper		| "In my childhood, I WAS an imaginary playmate."
marcc at ncsa.uiuc.edu	|	-Tom Robbins, EVEN GOWGIRLS GET THE BLUES

Disclaimer:	"It's mine! All mine!"  -D. Duck