AIX Automounter

Bill Wohler wohler at sapwdf.UUCP
Wed Feb 27 01:00:38 AEST 1991

  we've had good experience with the automounter so i'm posting my
  configuration as a sample.

  i am annoyed that the automounter won't mount nested requests.  that
  is, if both /usr/foo and /usr/foo/baz are nfs filesystems, you can't
  get to /usr/foo/baz.  does anyone have experience with amd on aix?
  does it get around these restrictions?

  the automounter is started in /etc/rc right after the regular
  mounts:

	# Perform all auto mounts
	echo " Performing all automatic mounts "
	mount all
	/usr/etc/automount /net /etc/mount.map

  /etc/mount.map contains, for example:

	usr.src                 -rw,hard,intr   aix3:/usr/src

  /usr/src is a symbolic link to /net/usr.src.

  the person who was having trouble with -host flag might want to use
  this logic instead of having a huge automount file.

						--bw
						wohler at sap-ag.de