equivalent of rc.local in AIX ??

Carl Lewis carl at probitas.cs.utas.edu.au
Tue Feb 19 09:30:00 AEST 1991

In <1258 at dkunix9.dk.oracle.com> bengsig at dk.oracle.com (Bjorn Engsig) writes:

>Article <2899 at mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx> by josevela at mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Jose Angel Vela Avila) says:
>| Hi is there a equivalent of rc.local (BSD) in AIX ??
>Or to paraphrase:

>Is there an equivalent of System V's /etc/rc.d and /etc/shutdown.d directories?

> - or -

>What _is_ actually the preferred way of adding application startup and
>shutdown procedures?  Searching for various things in InfoExpl doesn't give
>a hint.
>--

I just added a line to the /etc/inittab file

rcloc:2:wait:/etc/rc.local > /dev/console 2>&1  # Do rc.local

Make sure any base services required are booted by the inittab before your
new entry. I made this obvious error with NFS :-)

--
Carl, Programmer (etc) with University of Tasmania
Snail:  Computer Science Dept., University of Tasmania,
AARN : carl at cs.utas.edu.au