getting cc to recognize alloca

jsalter at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com jsalter at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com
Mon Feb 25 12:52:43 AEST 1991

In article<1991Feb24.065504.2044 at ico.isc.com> rcd at ico.isc.com (Dick Dunn) writes:
>andreess at mrlaxs.mrl.uiuc.edu (Marc Andreessen) writes:
>> englund at tramp.colorado.edu (ENGLUND TODD CHARLES) writes:
>> >     Sorry if this is a FAQ, but does anyone know which flags to
>> >give cc so that it will recognize calls to alloca.  [...]
>> Put '#pragma alloca' in your source file.
>But is there an answer for the original question?  Sure, it's only a
>one-line (per file) change, but one might like to avoid gratuitous changes
>to source files, particularly if there are a lot of them (and if, as seems
>likely, missing one will make the resulting program fail).  Is there no
>compiler flag?

There is no compiler flag as of this time.  This is documented in the
/usr/lpp/bos/bsdport document, I believe.

>Dick Dunn     rcd at ico.isc.com -or- ico!rcd       Boulder, CO   (303)449-2870

jim/jsalter  IBM PSP, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427  VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ
Internet: jsalter at slo.awdpa.ibm.com         UUCP: ..!uunet!ibmsupt!jsalter
  PS/2 it, or DIE!  :-)  The ramblings above have nothing to do with Big Blue.