Using an xterm over a gateway.

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Mon Jul 1 03:47:09 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun28.185450.21623 at cs.ubc.ca> buchanan at cs.ubc.ca (John (juancho) buchanan) writes:

>I have been trying to set up a xterminal 120 over a gateway.  The xstation
>manager is running on a *.*.8.* network on which the gateway resides.
>The xstation is on a *.*.9.* network.  The documentation in the xstation
>handbook do not indicate any configuration to be done on the actual station.
>The documentation for the xstation manager indicates that setting the subnet
>mask and the gateway address should be sufficient.

This seems outrageous, but I was told by someone here at Locus using one of
the beasties that you could not boot over a gateway. I would recommend,
however, that you pursue an "official" answer and if this indeed is the case
yell loud and hard to have the capability implemented!!

Disclaimer: Opinions are my own, not necessarily IBM's nor LCC's
Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM