Pencom Systems (INQUIRY)

Rich Braun rbraun at spdcc.COM
Fri Jun 7 03:44:24 AEST 1991

I'd be interested in hearing more from the Pencom people (and perhaps
others with opinions) as to who they are and what their company does.

Pencom is the driving force behind a national AIX users group which
held its founding meetings in several cities last month.  At the Boston
meeting, my skepticism about a profit motive seemed to have been
unfounded; the whole organization came across as legit, and is
legitimately looking for people to serve on its board and help run
the operation as a non-profit corporation.  Pencom's advance publicity
paid off:  about 100 people showed up for the meeting.

But if Pencom is in fact somehow not playing above-board, then I'd
like to know too.  Clearly the company has a vested interest in the
success of AIX.

-rich