root restrictions

John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Sat Jun 15 14:24:12 AEST 1991

In article <9106132050.AA27815 at ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> vrbass at atlvmic1.vnet.ibm.com writes:

>  chuser telnet=false rlogin=false
>
>should do the trick if your other terminals are on the network.
>If you have both network and serial terminals, you're going to
>have to go to the secondary authentication methods mentioned
>earlier.

Secondary authentication methods will not work.  The "auth2"
method does not cause the authentication to fail if the method
exits with a failure code.  In order to do what he is trying
to accomplish you have to have the method be one of the
primary ("auth1") methods.
--
John F. Haugh II        | Distribution to  | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 255-8251 | GEnie PROHIBITED :-) |  Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"UNIX signals are not interrupts.  Worse, SIGCHLD/SIGCLD is not even a UNIX
 signal, it's an abomination."  -- Doug Gwyn