RS6000 questions/comments

Brian Zimbelman brian at is.UUCP
Fri Jun 28 05:22:58 AEST 1991

In article (Cris J. Rhea) writes:

> I am one of the system admins at our company. One of our compiler folks
> started using one of our rs6000's and had the following comments---
> seems easier to post and hope that someone in Austin will respond than
> try to report all of these as problems/concerns.
>
> --- Cris
>
> uunet!ssi!cjr
> ssi!cjr at uunet.uu.net
>
> /* ---------- "That $%%^&# RS6000" ---------- */
>
>  Here are some crude porting notes on the software I got to port and test
>  out ok on the rs6k machines.
>
>  * Make on the rs6k has no TARGET_ARCH or HOST_ARCH. The rs6k has no arch
> 	command that I can find.
>
>  * Make on the rs6k doesn't seem to automatically sccs out files it can't
> 	find, so you may need to sccs get SCCS.

This looks like a user error to me.  I have not had any problems getting
make to retrive files from sccs.  Granted I am not using any extensive make
files, or a highly complex directory structure, but the basic grabing of
files from sccs works fine.

Has anyone other than this fellow verified these problems, or are you
confident that this fellow is always correct?

Brian Zimbelman

Innovative Solutions				(505) 883-4252
3547 Colorado NE				is!brian at bbx.basis.com
Albuquerque, NM 87110				bbx.basis.com!is!brian