Problem with ``more'' on DEC VT100 under 3003

Mark R. Ludwig mrl at uai.com
Tue Jun 18 09:07:29 AEST 1991

Does anyone else use a DEC VT100, VT200, or VT300 on an R/6000???  I
have noticed a problem with ``more'' and I would like to know how to
fix it.  The symptom I see is that after I press the Spacebar to view
more of the file in response to the --More--(nn%) prompt, the text
which replaces the prompt is pushed to the right several spaces (or
one tabstop?)  instead of being at the left edge of the screen.  I
have noticed that this problem seems to be specific to the VTxxx
terminals, because I do not have the problem if logged in from the Sun
or using an IBM3101.  We also do *not* have any problems using other
screen-based applications on these terminals (such as ``vi''); only
``more'' seems to have the problem.

Thanks in advance for any pointers or suggestions.$$
--
INET: mrl at uai.com       UUCP: uunet!uaisun4!mrl       PSTN: +1 213 822 4422
USPS: 7740 West Manchester Boulevard, Suite 208, Playa del Rey, CA  90293