3 button mouse on ps/2 aix 1.2 ...

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Mon Jun 17 06:18:57 AEST 1991

In article <mtranle.677056022 at paris> mtranle at paris.IntelliCorp.COM (Minh Tran-Le/65535) writes:
>Does anyone knows if it is possible to use 3button mouse (logitech)
>on a ps/2 with aix 1.2?
>
>My logitech mouse works fine under dos and looking at the source code
>of X11R4 server from mit, it does have code for supporting 3 button
>mice.  But somehow the hft driver gets in the way and always mask the
>bits for the middle button.

It was my understanding that the server would have to be modified and
recompiled to get this to work. So definitely NO with the server as
shipped you can use a three button mouse but the middle button will be
ignored. I know because my office-mate wanted to do this very thing and
I believe he ended up modifying the server.

What isn't clear from your posting is whether you are saying that you
built the X11R4 server and it still didn't work or just that you looked
at that source?? I don't believe anything in the kernel should keep this
from working.

Disclaimer: I don't speak for LCC or IBM.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM