xrn on RS/6000

hbergh at nl.oracle.com hbergh at nl.oracle.com
Tue Jun 18 06:49:32 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun11.163752.22702 at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> jigang at geoblue.gcn.uoknor.edu (Jigang Yang) writes:
||> 	I tried the same thing a few days ago, but xrn keeps exiting
||> 	with malloc and calloc errors.
||> 	It seems to be a problem in the X11R4 libraries. The [cm]alloc
||> 	was passed incorrect (==0) parameters, no memory shortages here.
||> 	Do I need to apply any patches to X11R4 before this stuff runs
||> 	reliably? And if so, where can I get them?
||> 	And what about Motif 1.x? Is it publicly available somewhere?

||> 	Regards,
||>
||> 	Herbert van den Bergh                    hbergh at oracle.com
||> 	Oracle Europe                            or uunet!oracle!hbergh
|
|    Well, I installed xrn several weeks ago(together with nntp). It runs fine.

	Ok, it runs fine most of the time now, but I had to get rid of
	all the "#override"'s in the accelerators and translations in
	the XRn.ad file shipped with 6.15. This file can be added to
	your .Xdefaults file. Since they're there, there must be some
	X11R4 implementation somewhere in the world where these things
	worked. The one it's developed on, perhaps? So what am I
	missing in the standard MIT distribution with MIT fix 1-18
	applied?
	I really would like to know, because posting news still causes
	this malloc error to show up. I have to use rn for that...
--

	Regards,

	Herbert van den Bergh                    hbergh at oracle.com
	Oracle Europe                            or uunet!oracle!hbergh