problem with aixterm and MacX

Mike Paulonis paulonis at kodak.com
Fri Jun 28 04:21:36 AEST 1991

I use MacX v1.0.1 to access an IBM RS/6000 (AIX v3.1) using aixterm.  I cannot
get aixterm to accept the delete(backspace) key for erasing characters on the
command line.  All I get is an echo of ^[[P. Grrrrr. I would expect 'stty erase
^?' to enable the delete key. If I use 'stty erase ^h', I can delete just fine
with ^h, but I would rather just hit the delete key. I expect this is a problem
with aixterm rather than MacX, but I don't know for sure.  Can anyone solve my
*simple* problem?  Please post a followup or email to paulonis at kodak.com.
Thanks.