network and 3005

Marc Mengel mengel at dcdmwm.uucp
Thu Jun 27 01:43:29 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun13.223015.70199 at uvmark.uucp> irwin at uvmark.uucp (Frank Irwin) writes:

>>>Sounds familiar.  Do the folks in Austin have any comments?
>>     Add a model 530 with 16meg to the list.  I post about this (or
>>something very similar) a couple of weeks ago.  I did talk with software
>We had this problem on 3003 and 3005 on our 520 w/32MB.  John Kubiak
>of Tech Support finally figured out that it was an mbuf deficiency.

Hmm... thats interesting; one of the folks here at Fermilab was sent
a patched ethernet driver that is supposed to fix a "receiver hang"
for the same sort of symptoms. (although his was haning roughly
once every two days).

The patch is labeled:

	APAR#: a16808

	SOFTWARE LEVEL(S):
	...[install instructions deleted]
	DATE: 06/17/91

We've installed it on his machine that was having the trouble, and one or
two others, and so far no repeats.  The mbuf problem sounds like a possibility
too, though...
-------
Marc Mengel
mengel at fnal.fnal.gov