Reproducible modem bug in 3005 and 2006

Rich Braun rbraun at spdcc.COM
Thu Jun 20 02:51:57 AEST 1991

pa at curly.appmag.com writes:
>That would explain why one morning I found my modem and workstation
>furiously chatting away.  If I believe the LEDs, the modem was on hook
>and Carried Detect was false.

Thank you both for helping me prove the very *existence* of this
problem.  My point on this has only been that getty grabs the /etc/locks
file and doesn't ever let it go, even if no one logs into the line
for days.  It should relinquish the lock if no one logs in during a
reasonable time period.

-rich