Default mailhost w/sendmail

Tim J. Ihde tim at ibm2.nynesxt.com
Wed Jun 26 03:38:48 AEST 1991

All mail in and out of our RS/6000 machines is going through TCP/IP.
We are running AIX bos 03.01.0006.0008, and our sendmail shows as
(AIX 3.1/UCB 5.61/4.03).

Isn't there a way to tell sendmail that if it doesn't recognize an
outbound address, that it should just forward the message to the
"mailhost" machine in the /etc/hosts file?  It seems to me that this
was how I had set up sendmail before, but I don't see how it gets
there from here.  (It would even be acceptable, albeit inefficient,
if ALL mail, even local mail, went to that host for delivery.)

Disclaimer: I understand somewhat how the various sendmail rules work,
but I can never remember what the macros mean -- ie I have some sendmail
experience (mostly on Suns) but haven't had to hack the setup too much.

Thanks for any help.

	tim
--
Tim J Ihde