Elm 2.3 PL11 compilation trouble

Ronald S. Woan woan at repulse.austin.ibm.com
Tue Jun 4 05:57:36 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun3.175608.3435 at bony1.bony.com> stevef at bony1.bony.com (Steve Faiwiszewski) writes:
>I've seen messages on comp.unix.aix from People saying they had no
>problems compiling Elm on the RS/6000.  Yet, I had to comment out all
>declarations of string functions (e.g. strcpy, strchr, etc.), or else
>the compiler would generate the error:

If you had used the bsdcc from the bsdport document in /usr/lpp/bos,
you wouldn't have had to go through this.

>1506-041: (S) Parameter list cannot contain fewer parameters than
>required by macro definition.

You'll notice that strcpy and strcmp are defined as macros in
/usr/include/string.h, so you'll have to either can the redeclaration
or use -U__STR__ as a compiler undefine. Then again bsdcc would have
taken care of this for you. Another hint make sure that libcurses.a is
the only display library linked in...

+ Ronald S. Woan                woan at cactus.org or woan at austin.vnet.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +