IBM 6000 vs HP 9000 series 700

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Wed Jun 26 18:29:49 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun25.214124.29573 at aplcen.apl.jhu.edu> dave at visual1.jhuapl.edu (Dave Weintraub) writes:

[ various numbers and statistics deleted...]

>Beware of HP's claims.  Their machine is *hot*, but they tend
>to be into hyperboil (?sp).
            ^^^^^^^^^
Sounds like a salesweenie's social disease :-}. Suppose they have to go
in eventually and get it lanced :-}!!

>The HP videotape I saw cited a SAS developer compairing SAS on the
>HP versus SAS on a 3090-600E...

>Mind you, I repeat: the 720 is a *hot* machine!

But, but, but.... it couldn't be as "*hot*" as a 3090, after all it doesn't
have to be water-cooled :-}!

Sorry folks, its been a long day and I needed a giggle!

Disclaimer: The usual applies.
Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM