xrn on RS/6000

hbergh at nl.oracle.com hbergh at nl.oracle.com
Mon Jun 10 07:40:26 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun3.171142.5316 at leland.Stanford.EDU> fangchin at leland.Stanford.EDU (Chin Fang) writes:
|In article <1991Jun3.095155.29388 at bernina.ethz.ch>, wuketich at bernina.ethz.ch (Johann Wuketich) writes:
||> Is there any distribution of "xrn" that will compile AND link on my RS/6000.
||> I got the lates Distribution from shambhala.berkeley.edu (xrn6-15.tar.Z)
||> but it seems that my libX, libXm, asf. miss some stuff.
.... stuff deleted
|FYI, I got the same version of xrn from the same place (Stanford and Berkeley
|are just 40 Mins away :-) and compiled it using X11R4 libs/includes I built
|for our machines.  No problems at all.  Of course, one has to edit out these
|BSD type function declaration  like extern char *malloc() etc in src.

	I tried the same thing a few days ago, but xrn keeps exiting
	with malloc and calloc errors.
	It seems to be a problem in the X11R4 libraries. The [cm]alloc
	was passed incorrect (==0) parameters, no memory shortages here.
	Do I need to apply any patches to X11R4 before this stuff runs
	reliably? And if so, where can I get them?
	And what about Motif 1.x? Is it publicly available somewhere?

--

	Regards,

	Herbert van den Bergh                    hbergh at oracle.com
	Oracle Europe                            or uunet!oracle!hbergh