slip running > 9600

Robin D. Wilson robin at batman
Sat Jun 29 02:26:47 AEST 1991

In article <599 at afc-tci.UUCP> joubert at afc-tci.UUCP (Joubert Berger) writes:
> I am trying to get slip to run at speeds greater than 9600 baud.  The
> problem is that when I type:
>    slattach tty2 19200
> it gives me an error.  Going through smit, it tells me that I need a dialing
> string.  I thought I should be able to just give the baud rate.  Any ideas?
> 	 Joubert

What update level are you running?  The "needs a dialstring" bug should have
been fixed by now.  I reported it (for a customer) before I left level 2.
Also, I never had a problem with just doing: "slattach <tty> <speed>" from the
command line... Are you sure you have the tty listed in the
"/usr/lib/uucp/Devices" file (as required by the missing documentation).

Try this.. add the following line to the "/usr/lib/uucp/Devices" file:

Direct tty2 - Any direct

See if that keeps you from getting an error on the slattach.

|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|UUCP:     pensoft!robin                                                      |
|USNail:   701 Canyon Bend Dr.                                                |
|          Pflugerville, TX  78660                                            |
|          Home: (512)251-6889      Work: (512)343-1111                       |