RS6000 questions/comments

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Sat Jun 29 17:34:05 AEST 1991

In article <678126129.18432 at mindcraft.com> karish at mindcraft.com (Chuck Karish) writes:
>>	I almost tried a -D__STDC__=0 on the compile line, but chickened
>>	out, maybe I'll try that some other time.
>If the code you're porting assigns a special meaning to the
>case where __STDC__ == 0, it's broken and should be fixed.  Not
>an AIX problem.  The #define would probably have worked.  Any
>problems caused by doing this should be reported to IBM as
>bugs; their tests for __STDC__ in headers should be correct.

Chuck, I'm disappointed.  __* is reserved for the implementation; if you
define it at all, anything is allowed to happen.  (See one of Henry
Spencer's or Chris Torek's descriptions of what "anything" could mean.)

--
Sean Eric Fagan  | "What *does* that 33 do?  I have no idea."
sef at kithrup.COM  |           -- Chris Torek