Can I get a list of APARs?

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.ICUS.COM
Sun Jun 30 08:22:37 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun29.022144.360 at menudo.uh.edu> jet at karazm.math.uh.edu (J Eric Townsend) writes:

|>Sun publishes a regular list of bug fixes.  Does IBM have
|>a similar service?

A list can be provided per LPP, when you receive the PTF tape.   Use
the "updatep command" with the following syntax (I'm not in front of
my RS/6000 now, so if the syntax isn't perfect, forgive me ...)

# updatep -A -d/dev/rmt0 bos.obj

The -A gives a list of APARs included on this tape.  The descriptions
aren't very verbose, but do give a one-line description of the apar
included.

-L.
--
| Lenny Tropiano           ICUS Software Systems        lenny at icus.ICUS.COM |
| ...!{ames,cs.utexas.edu,pacbell}!icus!lenny           attmail!icus!lenny  |