Control NFS exported filesystems

Jon Alperin jona at iscp.Bellcore.COM
Thu Jun 20 22:53:15 AEST 1991

In article <8623 at awdprime.UUCP>, marc at ekhomeni.austin.ibm.com (Marc Wiz) writes:
|> In article <1991Jun19.172354.9964 at turnkey.tcc.com>,
|> jackv at turnkey.tcc.com (Jack F. Vogel) writes:
|> > From: jackv at turnkey.tcc.com (Jack F. Vogel)

	<from my original post>

	<mark responds....>

|>  This means that the application will need someway of
|> knowing when to
|> resume (i.e. the problem aka file system full has been corrected)

	Yes, but has the "file system full" bug been fixed. This is becoming
an increasing problem in large NFS server/WS based environments, since the
editing is being done on the WS, but the file gets trashed on the server.
Furthermore, the server copy is completely trashed (size = 0) rather than just
losing the changes made in that editing session.

--
Jon Alperin
Bell Communications Research

---> Internet: jona at iscp.bellcore.com
---> Voicenet: (908) 699-8674
---> UUNET: uunet!bcr!jona

* All opinions and stupid questions are my own *