RS6000 questions/comments

Brian Zimbelman brian at is.UUCP
Sat Jun 29 11:55:17 AEST 1991

In article <AUVNELE.91Jun28091305 at auvsun1.tamu.edu>, (Eric L. Nelson) writes:
> In article <116 at is.UUCP> brian at is.UUCP (Brian Zimbelman) writes:
>
> >>  * Make on the rs6k doesn't seem to automatically sccs out files it can't
> >> 	find, so you may need to sccs get SCCS.
>
> >This looks like a user error to me.  I have not had any problems getting
> >make to retrieve files from sccs.  Granted I am not using any extensive make
> >files, or a highly complex directory structure, but the basic grabbing of
> >files from sccs works fine.
>
> >Has anyone other than this fellow verified these problems, or are you
> >confident that this fellow is always correct?
>
> >Brian Zimbelman
>
> Have you actually gotten make to pull files from an SCCS directory?
> On my machine, it will only pull them if the s files are in the same
> directory as the .c files.(i.e. no SCCS directory). I'm still on
> 3003. what are you using?
>
> Eric Nelson

First of all, I have not seen any differences in the way make works between
releases.  I have used make and sccs on 3.1.1 3.1.2 3.1.3 3.1.5, and many
pre-release levels.  So I don't think your level of the OS is a problem,
anyone else know about any make/sccs bugs in different levels of AIX?

Second, I haven't played with make/sccs on the RS6000's in over two months,
so my memory is a little rusty, BUT what I was saying is that make DOES
pull files out of sccs.  I don't remember if the s. files were in the same
directory, or in some other directory.  Sorry.

If you want me to look it up, I'll be playing with that in a few weeks, so
email me, and I'll make a special effort.

Sorry, I can't be more specific, but I don't want to mis-lead anyone.

Brian Zimbelman

Innovative Solutions				(505) 883-4252
3547 Colorado NE				is!brian at bbx.basis.com
Albuquerque, NM 87110				bbx.basis.com!is!brian