Help! Can't get info to work...

hbergh at nl.oracle.com hbergh at nl.oracle.com
Tue Jun 18 06:37:13 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun11.142421.3945 at waikato.ac.nz> acv at waikato.ac.nz (Alistair Veitch, University of Waikato, New Zealand) writes:
|>And while I'm here, has anyone got info to display on either an NCD X terminal
|>or a sun, or a vaxstation...? In fact anything but a DECstation, on which it
|>appears to work fine.

	Yes. But you'll need to do some font hacking. Either come up with
	acceptable aliases or decompile and recompile the fonts for
	your X server.  I tried both ways, and the latter gave the
	best results.
	Then there's still the fact that tftp on the RS6000 doesn't
	have its own root directory in /tftpboot, so it's not possible
	to have the RS6000 as a font server for both its own X server
	and another X terminal.

--

	Regards,

	Herbert van den Bergh                    hbergh at oracle.com
	Oracle Europe                            or uunet!oracle!hbergh