Need UNIX/Informix Performance Hints

John Sloan jsloan at ncar.ucar.edu
Tue Jun 25 07:13:47 AEST 1991

We're looking at a third party vendor application system that uses
Informix as it's database engine, all on top of a UNIX system (in our
case, AIX 3.1 on an IBM RS6K/530). Are there any gotcha's we should be
concerned about, e.g. "Better get multiple SCSI disk controllers or you
will live to regret it" or "Better get gobs of real memory or you will..."
or "Better configure lots of block I/O buffers or..." etc.?

Many thanx for any insight or caveats. If anyone's interested in any
email'ed answers, I'll be glad to summarize and post.

--
John Sloan            "I want things. Lots of things.            NCAR/SCD
+1 303 497 1243        Big things." -- _Gun Crazy_         P. O. Box 3000