aixterm delete key

Mike Paulonis paulonis at kodak.com
Sat Jun 29 03:05:45 AEST 1991

Thanks to all who volunteered their suggestions on fixing the problem with the
delete key in aixterm.  The solution I attempted and got to work was to add

*aixterm.translations: (Key)Delete: string(0x7f)

to the .Xdefaults file and then stty erase ^? works as expected.  Thanks to
benson at odi.com (Benson I. Margulies).

There was a suggestion that the use of the -v flag in xterm should be
sufficient, but this is not the case with my 3005 version of aixterm.  There
may be a patched version of aixterm available but I don't have it and don't
plan to look for it until I run into the *next* annoying bug.