Accounting Bug?

Thomas J Cozzolino RBNTJC at ROHVM1.BITNET
Fri Jun 21 06:12:43 AEST 1991

I just returned from the AIX System Manager's class (pretty good, by the
way).   We've enabled accounting on our 320, but some strange things are
happening.

Some user processes just don't show up (!).  I know for a fact that some
programs are being run (and taking several hours of CPU Time), but the
acctmerg program can't seem to find them.

On a related issue, the BSD "sa" command tells me that all the accounts that
I've defined are "not recognized" and therefore ignored.

Has anyone seen this before?  All the accounts are ok; people are logging in
and using the system.  Any help is appreciated.  Please respond to
RBNTJC at ROHVM1 (Bitnet) or rbntjc at rohmhaas.com (Internet).

Thanks.