Creating Exports and Imports file for shared library

David_Alan_Lee at cup.portal.com David_Alan_Lee at cup.portal.com
Fri Jun 21 15:11:45 AEST 1991

I am trying to create a shared library on AIX RS/6000 and I am having
trouble finding the best way to create the exports and imports files.
Currently I am running /usr/ucb/nm on my non-shared library and grep'ing
for global text and data symbols, however I get duplicate definitions,
like:

Function
.Function

Which of these should be used for an import or export file? (if either)
Does anyone have any suggestions on the "best" way to generate the
list of exported and imported symbols for a shared library?
I know that once I already HAVE a shared libary (like /lib/libc.a) I
can use dump -Tv library | awk '$2 == "EXP" {print $8}' , but
I don't know what to do on a non-shared library.
Please email replies to

David_Alan_Lee at cup.portal.com

Thank you.