AIX vs standard unix

J Eric Townsend jet at karazm.math.uh.edu
Mon Jun 10 11:28:33 AEST 1991

In article <30825 at hydra.gatech.EDU> gs26 at prism.gatech.EDU (Glenn R. Stone) writes:
>Tech's computer center in an attempt to fix problems like updates getting
>lost in the shuffle, etc....

Anecdote:

For 4 months or so, we never got any of the stuff we were supposed to
get (software updates, etc).  Then one day, a level n>2 person verified
my address.  My address is:

University of Houston -- Deptartment of Mathematics
PGH 651
4800 Calhoun
Houston, Tx 77204.

They had:

UH
568
4800 Calhoun
Houston, tx
	  77004

Hm.  You tell me.  After a *week*, they finally got the address right.

They mangled the correct address into something from hell.  Now
they've got it right.  Anyone wanna bet how long it is before it
gets mangled again?

>Next thing you know, IBM'll outlaw the necktie.

"It could happen!" -- Judy Tenuta

--
J. Eric Townsend - jet at uh.edu - bitnet: jet at UHOU - vox: (713) 749-2126
Skate UNIX! (curb fault: skater dumped)

   --  If you're hacking PowerGloves and Amigas, drop me a line. --