When will X11R4 come to the RS6000 (was: How to make win mgr appear)

Chin Fang fangchin at leland.Stanford.EDU
Fri Jun 7 08:40:56 AEST 1991

In article <ICI.91Jun6124349 at loame03.crl.melco.co.jp>, ici at crl.melco.co.jp (Mr. Toshinao Ishii) writes:

|> In article <MBERKLEY.91Jun4095403 at active.uvic.ca> mberkley at active.uvic.ca (Mike  Berkley) writes:
|>
|>  > According to a note over in comp.windows.x, MIT will be releasing R5
|>  > to consortium members in July.  It would be nice to at least have R4
|>  > before R5 arrives.
|>
|> Does some one know whether AIX3.1 is supported in X11R5 ?

Or better, does anyone with inside info know whether X Consortium has a plain
port for the POWER archecture or not?  If you do, PLEASE DO POST as this must
be of interest to world-wide RISC 6000 users.  [and I will be more than happy to
work overtime to get it built for our machines with a joyful face :-) ]

Regards,

Chin Fang
Mechanical Engineering Department
Stanford University