RS6000 questions/comments

John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Fri Jun 28 11:50:19 AEST 1991

In article <141 at ssi.UUCP> cjr at ssi.UUCP (Cris J. Rhea) writes:
>* The rs6k like the u370 (that's the 3090) has no vfork().

I don't know which 3090 you are using, but AIX/370 support vfork().

>* SCCS: If you try and SCCS a file out on the rs6k that is older than
>	a year (I think), then sccs prints out a 4 or 5 line paragraph warning
>	you that the file you just sccs'd out is over a year old...
>	I guess this means that we should always be changing things, at least
>	once a year????

This is normal (and annoying) behavior.
--
John F. Haugh II        | Distribution to  | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 255-8251 | GEnie PROHIBITED :-) |  Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"UNIX signals are not interrupts.  Worse, SIGCHLD/SIGCLD is not even a UNIX
 signal, it's an abomination."  -- Doug Gwyn