rlogin, telnet

Marc Andreessen andreess at mrlaxs.mrl.uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 6 12:08:23 AEST 1991

[Forward disclaimer:  I work for IBM Austin (I'm posting remotely).]

Two things bother me.

>>>Recently I have the 3005 upgrade installed(RS6000/320). Since then I got
>>>a lot of trouble with the ethernet. The network crashes
>>>frequently(about twice a day, unable to rlogin, telnet, etc),
>>Sounds familiar.  Do the folks in Austin have any comments?

It's starting to sound like Austin development folks are being taken for
granted.  Usenet news is not your source of IBM support.  When developers
take time out of their (very) busy schedules to answer questions here,
it's because they're nice guys/gals, not because they're providing support.

>>[...]  I did talk with software
>>support but they were unable to help.  They did suggest having our CE check
>>trace data from the network card (token ring in our case) but I never got
>>around to calling.  [...]

For this one, as Letterman says, you can provide your own joke.

Marc
[Afterward disclaimer:  I work for IBM Austin (I'm posting remotely).]
[Post-Afterward disclaimed:  I do not speak for IBM, or anyone else.]

--
Marc Andreessen___________University of Illinois Materials Research Laboratory
Internet: andreessen at uimrl7.mrl.uiuc.edu____________Bitnet: andreessen at uiucmrl