How to make window manager appears on Xstation

looi at sutro.SFSU.EDU looi at sutro.SFSU.EDU
Mon Jun 3 05:46:25 AEST 1991

I apologize if the above question has been asked and answered.

Let's assume that the localhost is 'devlgw' and the remotehost is
'devlds' respectively.

When I login to remote host (at the initial login window on a Xstation
given by a prompt that says, "Enter hostname (devlgw): " and then have
my .profile invoke xinit script, the window manager will fire up on the
remotehost rather than on my Xstation. Can someone please help me what I
have to do to make the window manager appears on my Xstation instead of
the remotehost when I perform a remote login on the Xstation's login
window? Any help will be greatly appreciated.