Question abt /etc/crash & proc struct

Joseph Berry berry at socrates.umd.edu
Thu Jun 20 01:18:32 AEST 1991

I cannot access the data structure 'proc' either programmatically or
from within /etc/crash.  The address of proc is 0xE3000000. When I
use /etc/crash, it gives me nothing (just the address itself). When
I try to lseek to that address I get an error (other kmem variables
work fine -- it's not a permissions problem). There's something I'm
missing about accessing addresses in such a high address space.
For whoever knows the answer, I'm going to guess it's something trivial.
Only what??!!

Please let me know if you have the answer.  My normal e-mail address
is joe at ssgltd.com.  You can call me at 301-764-5668.

Thanks, Joe Berry