AIX vs standard unix

Dave Sill de5 at ornl.gov
Wed Jun 5 02:35:05 AEST 1991

In article <11640 at ncar.ucar.edu>, pack at acd.uucp (Daniel Packman) writes:

>I'd take the journaled file system over sys V or berekely any day.

How about the day one of your disks crashes?  Like, maybe the one
that's got pieces of /, /usr, /u, etc. on it, and instead of restoring
one drive's worth of stuff, you have to restore everything?

Maybe I'm missing something, and there's some easy way to recover from
a crash without rebuilding all the disks that happened to have
partitions shared with the one that crashed.  If so, I'm sure someone
will set me straight.

--
Dave Sill (de5 at ornl.gov)	  Tug on anything in nature and you will find
Martin Marietta Energy Systems    it connected to everything else.