Configuring TROFF

Chris Lewis clewis at ferret.ocunix.on.ca
Wed Jun 19 23:49:08 AEST 1991

In article <145 at altger.UUCP> amigaeb at altger.alt.sub.org (Ronny Hansen) writes:
>I am trying to configure TROFF to print on my laser. I have
>a HP LaserJet II with PostScript so I can either use HP command
>language or Postscript. How do I configure TROFF for either of them ?
>(I am running AIX 1.2 on a PS/2)

You'll have C/A/T troff and you will need a filter to convert the
C/A/T codes to Postscript or HPLJ.  Psroff 3.0 will support both (but
Postscript's better since you have a cartridge), and does run well
on a PS/2.

Here's the access information:

  Site latour has set up anonymous UUCP access for psroff 3.0.  In fact,
  since I have login access to this machine, I maintain the archive,
  and this site is guaranteed to be up-to-date.

  Issue the following commands (in Bourne Shell) to retrieve the files:

     for i in 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
     do
	uucp latour!~nuucp/archive/psroff/Part$i.Z !/usr/spool/uucppublic/
     done
     uucp latour!~nuucp/archive/psroff/Patch.01.Z !/usr/spool/uucppublic/
     uucp latour!~nuucp/archive/psroff/patchlist !/usr/spool/uucppublic/

  ["patchlist" contains a list of the patches on latour for psroff 3.0]

  This is psroff 3.0, plus any subsequent patches.  Do NOT attempt
  any wildcarding.  The login is 'anonuucp'.  There is no password.  The
  phone number is (613) 237-0792.  There is a Telebit T2500 on that line that
  answers in the following order: PEP, V.32, 2400 (Bell), 1200, 300.

  Call at as high a speed as you can handle.

  Courtesy Michael Richardson (mcr at sandelman.ocunix.on.ca)
  Execution of rmail is permitted, please drop him a note
  (as in "mail latour!mcr") letting him know who you are.

Anonymous FTP access for Psroff 3.0:

Mark Moraes has put it up on ftp.cs.toronto.edu.  The files are:
in the directory pub/psroff-3.0.  You want to retrieve Part01.Z
thru Part19.Z, Patch.01.Z, patchlist and README.  The patchlist
lists the rest of the patches you need to retrieve to get psroff 3.0
current.
Chris Lewis, Phone: (613) 832-0541, Domain: clewis at ferret.ocunix.on.ca
UUCP: ...!cunews!latour!ecicrl!clewis; Ferret Mailing List:
ferret-request at eci386; Psroff (not Adobe Transcript) enquiries:
psroff-request at eci386 or Canada 416-832-0541.  Psroff 3.0 in c.s.u soon!