TeX for RS/6000

Scott Holt scott at prism.gatech.EDU
Wed Mar 20 04:51:23 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar19.171405.4614 at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu> ejbehr at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu (Eric Behr) writes:
>Hi; this was probably discussed, but I subscribed only recently.
>Is there a publicly available port of plain TeX which would run on the
>RS/6000 530? If not, what about commercial implementations, if any?
>Thanks a lot. Please reply by mail - I can summarize if there's interest.

The UNIX TeX distribution from the University of Washington is a good
starting place. I started with that and have installed TeX on our
6000s - though I have not yet verified that it passes the trip-test.
Most of the changes I needed to make were pulled from a plain TeX
distribution on the science.utah.edu server. The UWash stuff is
on uunet.uu.net and a number of other servers, you can also get it
from UWash on tape for a fee. I found the UWash stuff easier to
install than the stuff on science.utah.edu, but you should probably
look at both in order to figure out what files need changing.

- Scott
--
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Scott Holt                 		Internet: scott at prism.gatech.edu
Georgia Tech 				UUCP: ..!gatech!prism!scott
Office of Information Technology, Technical Services