File locations on AIX (was Re: xshofonts.c on RS/6000)

Pierre Asselin pa at appmag.com
Sat Mar 30 01:53:56 AEST 1991

jxt at cpdws1.ctd.ornl.gov writes:

>Now for the next question. Why are things like this scattered all over the
>place? And, more importantly, just where are useful things like this
>scattered?

Gee, I hate to take IBM's side, but... :-)
Probably because they're not supported.  The  Athena  widget  set
was written as a proof of concept as much as anything else.  Most
vendors support some other user interface, e.g. Motif.

Finding stuff is always tricky.  After InfoExplorer has failed, I
often run something like this:

  $ : Find all the *README* files, output to file 'junk'.
  $ nice -12 find / -name '*README*' -print > junk 2>&1 &

--Pierre Asselin, R&D, Applied Magnetics.  I speak for me.