X11R4 clients on AIX 3.1 (3003+) server

Pat Wilson paw at eleazar.dartmouth.edu
Fri Mar 29 08:15:23 AEST 1991

I've applied the 3003 patches to the AIX3.1 X.  The 24-bit color board
now looks better - hooray!  On the other hand, certain things that worked
under the 3001 patch are giving me fits:

	1) the X server isn't dying when I quit mwm - I have to
	  CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE back (no, I'm not using "open xinit" - maybe
	  that's the problem)

	2) we'd rather run the R4 clients, and I've made them from the
	  patched MIT distribution.  Most things are fine, but I don't get
	  the selections on the twm menus until after I mouse over them
	  (the menu box (in the appropriate color) shows up when I
	  click the button, but there's nothing in the box until I
	  mouse down the list).  This is pretty annoying, and I'm no
	  Xpert - any hints on where to look for this?

	3)we're _also_ running ATKpl9 on top of twm.  Most things look
	  reasonable, but the printer icon in the ButterAlmond console
	  is wrong (hard to describe, too!).  This is the same ATK that's
	  presently running just fine on the system at AIX 3.1.3001 X.
	  The rest of the fonts seem fine.

That's it for the moment.  If it weren't for the SGI board drivers, I
probably would just go back to the 3001 stuff - it works fine for my
purposes.

Thanks for any help...
--
Pat Wilson